Thursday, June 17, 2010

More Thoughts On The New Kit

by Rachid

If you read the last post on this blog you'd have seen me saying I love our new away kit because of the design and the colour of it. My views have since changed. When you look at a picture of the kit at first glance you'd think it has pinstripes. This was one of the main reasons I loved this shirt when I first saw it. It made it look unique and also modern. I'm tired of seeing Arsenal trying to rehash old jerseys and it annoys me to hear the stupid, old, fuddy duddy geezer fans who can't let go of the past raving about how cool these designs are. This is 2010, not 1971. I want to see a kit that fits our era. Not some outdated shirt that looks like it should be worn with a Beatles styled mop top.

Unfortunately though, I saw a video yesterday with the players wearing the kit and it seems that what I thought were pinstripes were actually stitches in the shirt. Also, the long sleeved version looks even worse. It looks so old and outdated, as if it was made 60 years ago. When you have a look at it as it in the video it actually looks a lot like the white away kit we wore 2 years ago except, it's of course, yellow. Here's the video so you can see for yourself:



Now that you've seen it in a real life shot, what are your thoughts on it? Have your views changed, like mine? Have your say in the comments section below.

Dust!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review http://thearsenalternative.blogspot.com/ on alexa.com